19th January 2021 In Community
Covent Garden’s ‘Cobblestone’ Banana Bread Recipe
Am getting so confident in the kitchen I’m now customising recipes… working on the Covent Gardener Summer Cookbook!
- 125g butter or some other baking spread.
- 150g maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2-3 ripe bananas, depending on size, mashed or puréed.
- 190g self raising flour
- 60ml oat milk
- 180g, or a full bar of 100% Hotel Chocolat chocolate. Chop the chocolate into whatever size chocolate you want.
- Grease a 2lb loaf tin, or use whatever you prefer.
- Melt butter, maple syrup, and vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and add the mashed/puréed bananas, mix well.
- Add beaten egg, mix well.
- Stir in flour and milk.
- Add the chopped chocolate and mix.
- Pour the mix into prepared tin / trays.
- Bake at 160C for 25-35 min depending on what type of tin you use. Bake until skewer comes out clean.